Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Daddy's Day Fun


Easton greeted us on Sunday morning around 6:00. We brought him in bed with us to hang out for a bit. Larry got his Father's Day gift (see photo) and Easton was eager to help him rip the paper off. We had fingerpainted the mat of the picture frame! I made breakfast and then we went to the Home Depot. I had gotten Larry a new hammer and of course picked the wrong one so he exchanged that for a different one. We ended up replanting our flower bed in the front of the house as the vincas that went crazy last year would not grow? We ended up putting in canteloupe, watermelon, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash and some pumpkin seeds. I know it sounds like a lot but the chances of them all surviving are slim. With any luck we will have pumpkins by Halloween! Larry went for a hike in the afternoon while Easton was napping. All in all it was a fun-filled, yet uneventful day. Happy 1st Father's Day!

2 comments:

Bryony Ellis said...

Hi there,

my name is Bryony Ellis, Kevin Ellis's wife (Tod Ellis's son). My mother in law Patti Ellis, forwarded me your lovely blog site, what a gorgeous little guy Easton is! You inspired me to set up my own blog http://adventureswiththeellisclan.blogspot.com/
where you will find some photos of our little man, Calan- 18 weeks old.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Bryony, Kevin and Calan Ellis

mama wolf said...

Hey Cortney -- it's your cousin,Whitney. My mom sent me your blog info and I really enjoyed seeing all the pix, especially of your adorable son! I hope we can catch up -- I'm on Facebook or my email is whitandwil@charter.net. I look forward to hearing from you!