Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Easton's First Words


E has done his fair share of babbling for the past couple of months but finally tonight we feel like he said his first real word. He has been doing the dadada and mamama for a while but never while he was actually looking at either of us. He was in his high chair during dinner tonight and when Larry got up to get him cleaned up and he looked right up at Larry and said "dada" and reached his hands toward him. I about started to cry. We speculate he said "all done" after lunch one day and "red" when Larry was practicing colors with him.

More to come I'm sure!

3 comments:

Becki said...

Yea for Easton!

besso38 said...

Awww. I remember when Karigan first said Dada. I also remember when she looked right at me and said Mama when she was crying and wanted me to get her out of her high chair. I did cry then. Those are the best words ever and even now Mommy and Daddy are my favorite words to hear!!! He is getting so big. We can't wait to see him again so he can meet his new cousin!

Bryony Ellis said...

First words, how wonderful, I love it! Also love the story about peeing in the bath, that's definitely one for his 21st birthday party!
It is Tod and Patti's 45th wedding anniversary this Saturday, so we are off to visit with them, we'll post pics asap, best wishes, Bryony, Kevin and Calan