Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Little E


As I enjoyed the morning amongst my "mommy friends" I started to think how truly blessed I am to be surrounded by such wonderful people. I don't know that I have ever felt so much love on a birthday before. Not only do I have wonderful and supportive friends around me to celebrate with, but I have my little man to share my birthday with now too and a loving husband who would give the world for me. It's hard to not get emotional when thinking about how many firsts the past year has brought. First smiles, first laughs, first tooth, first haircut, first teeth, and who can forget those first steps. My life is so rich and complete. Being a mother has made me realize just how precious the little things in life really are.

To Easton, you are the most amazing little thing in this world. Your chubby cheeks, contagous smile, and adventurous personality are one of a kind. Yes, it may have been a painful day getting you here but every ounce was worth it. I can't remember my life without you or imagine it without you in it. There are times when I get frusterated and I am sure you do to but we are all still learning so much every day. There have been so many moments that I will never forget....whether it was the look on your face when you slid down the slide head first on your own or when you first looked at your dad and said "dada". I know that as we venture into the second year there will be many ups and downs but no matter what always know that I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you both had a great rest of your day!!

Easton, btw, was being hilarious and kept putting a cup lid in his mouth & wiggling side to side, then kept handing it back to me to copy him. He always cracks me up!