Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First New Photos

1Above: Easton watching out the window for "babacuk" (Garbage Truck)
5d w/70-200 lens @ 100mm f2.8 1/160 ISO 800

Above: Big Cheese
5d w/ 70-200 lens @ 200mm f2.8 1/500 ISO 800

Below: Larry about had a fit when I asked him to put E in this spring looking thing at the playground. Thought it turned out cute though.
5d w/ 70-200 @ 155mm f3.5 1/400 ISO 800

Playing outside. A usual Easton photo. Huge smile since he is outside!
5d w 85mm f1.8 1/8000 ISO 200
I'm still in the playing phase with my new camera since there is a lot more to learn and figure out with the new lens now. Any comments are welcomed as always......nate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you shooting in RAW? If you are, shoot me some CR2 files zipped up by email so I can show you a couple things in Lightroom.

When you're filling the frame with a face (or something else that's not very flat, I try to use at least f/4 if you have enough light and let the AF focus on eyes because they're usually high contrast. Nobody notices if the tip of the nose is out of focus a hair, but eyes must be in focus.

When you export the photos from Lightroom as JPG, try to use around 150 DPI, the resolution seems enough on your photos, but 75 DPI isn't enough so they always look hazy.

What'd you think of the 85? I've never used the 1.8 only 1.2L which is sweet but AF is really slow. Was thinking about buying it at one point but it's pretty close to the 70mm and I don't usually need the speed and IQ isn't all that great. The IQ on the 1.2 is incredible though.