Monday, January 31, 2011

Bike Races



We had a great Saturday a few weekends ago doing a little mountain bike racing. One of my new years resolutions was to do a mountain bike race after Larry built me an awesome new bike a few months ago. Why not get it out of the way early. It worked out perfectly that I could race at 8:30 and Larry at 11:30 so we could swap the little Mr.

I have to say all in all it was pretty good. I had a lot of fun and would do it again. Besides taking my first spill on a bike since I was probably five. I woke up the next morning not being able to lift my hand past my shoulder and a nice scratch and bruise on my rear. There were only 4 women in my age group and lets just say I didn't win but I wasn't last.

Easton even got to race too. One of the race staff was walking through the parking area and saw Easton attempting to "ride" his Strider bike. Asked if he was going to do the kids race and I said, "Oh, maybe we will come and watch". Oh no, not Easton. He heard kids race and was there lined up with the big kids raring to go. He ended up waiting until the little kids went, him and one other girl, and I basically pushed him the whole 50 meters. He got a little medal, his picture on the awards stand and has been wanting to ride his bike every day since.

All in all it was a beautiful, sunny, 70 degree day spent with my favorite two boys.

No comments: